Adopting UniFi UXG-Pro
This article will guide you through the process of adopting your UniFi UXG-Pro to a UniFi Network Controller
After boot, the UXG Pro will require DHCP on WAN 1 / Port 1. Connect a cable to your WAN interface that provides DHCP. The UXG Pro also has support for PPPoE or a static IP addresses on the WAN port. The "advanced setup" is available to configure these settings after you login.
Wait 1-2 minutes for the UXG Pro to obtain an Internet connection
UXG Pro will ask to be adopted to complete the installation
Connect a laptop or PC to Port 2
To adopt the UXG Pro, you will to connect to the local web management portal at 192.168.1.1 on a web browser
Select 'Agree to the Terms of Service', then click next
Click Skip to bypass the Sign In to UI.com
Input the following, then click next
- Fully Qualified Domain name: example.cloudunifi.com
- Port: 8443
- Username: Username for the admin user on your UniFi Controller
- Password: Password for the admin user on your UniFi Controller
- 2FA: 2FA code, if you have your admin user connected to your UI.com account and have enabled 2FA authentication
- A loading bar shows the progress of connecting to your UniFi Controller
Check adoption on the UniFi Controller
Log into your UniFi Controller, go to devices on the correct site, and check that the UXG Pro displays a status of 'Getting Ready'.
The UXG will show a status of "Online" after a few minutes and is ready to be configured or moved to a different site.